11/12/10

Fireworks!

Romance, as you might expect, is hard to come by in the stomach of a dragon, but who's to say it can't be found?

Last night I had difficulty sleeping; I just couldn't seem to get comfortable in my hammock (the changes in altitude make things tricky), so I decided to take a small walk. I remembered reading once that dragons have hearts made of pure fire, so I set off to where I thought was up to see if I could get a look at it through the layers of tissue.

Of course I ended up getting lost, no one ever thinks to study dragon anatomy beyond 'this is where the fire comes out' and 'these are the pointy parts you should avoid.' Anyways, I stumbled across a rare discovery--a dry spot!

It looks like I'm inside a serious treasure-hoarder. The dragon has a dry place in its stomach where all the gold it has swallowed have formed a sort of alluvial sandbank. It's snug against a wall of stomach lining, and while it isn't the most comfortable place to sit, the stench is a little weaker and it gave me some time to let my clothes dry and think over my situation.

Blogging and copious amounts of treasure are fine and all, but a girl has needs. I was just thinking that it sure would be nice if the dragon would swallow a dance party of gorgeous men for me when the most amazing thing happened.

I don't know if there were fireworks or a crazy sunrise or what, but all of a sudden there were huge bursts of colorful light outside the dragon! I managed to find an ornate wine vessel nestled amongst the wondrous items. I drank wine while watching the light-show and had a great time of it, despite the serious lack of dancing men.

There must have been others enjoying it too, I heard some faint shouts in the direction the lights were coming from. So romantic!

-Girl.IAD

No comments:

Post a Comment