1/18/11

The Girl's Quest

I had the most bizarre dream last night. I dreamt I was a grad student and starving artist with no time to write on a blog... Funny that.

Anyways, things have been pretty busy for me inside the dragon since the new year. I have obtained a quest!

It all began Christmas eve. I was floating along the stomach in my makeshift boat, debating the existence of an omnipotent DM with my dear friend the vine (he's an a-die-ist), when all of a sudden I heard a voice from across the acid. At first I thought it was the assassin vine, casting ventriloquism in a meagre attempt to distract and subsequently strangle me, but it got closer and closer until I could distinguish the words.

"I don't want a lot for Christmas/There's just one thing I need/I don't care about the loot/Underneath the dead treant/I just want you and me to pwn/More than you could ever know/Make my wish come true/All I want for Christmas--"

Suddenly a tentacle erupted from the stomach fluid (and I mean, like, erupted, it was probably a volcanoctopus or something) and grabbed the mysterious singer. I had to think quick--if I wanted to save this guy, I needed to know I was with something I could trust. I turned to the assassin vine and explained the situation to it--offering it freedom and a life of endless meandering through stomach acid or a life of adventure, companionship, and one day-I prayed-friendship. I gave it my coldest of contractual looks (I have some cold contractual looks, btw) and held my hand out to it. "The choice is yours," I said.

It hesitated for a moment, then wrapped its 'hand' around mine. We held our grasps firm, but true. I knew I had an ally at last.

We sped off towards where the tentacle had grabbed the singer, but found nothing but kayak pieces and some splinters from a cask of Dwarven IPA. What was he thinking, drinking IPA in a place like this?

Since that day I've been searching for the mysterious voice. I know its against the odds, but somehow I know he's still alive.

It's going to be a difficult quest, but hey, it's not like I have anything else to do. Besides, I think luck is on my side. When the vine and I shook hands, a bright light encompassed me and I leveled up. The GM in the sky must have liked my role-playing, I now have some nifty spells and can finally purify water!

Questing,
Girl.IAD



1 comment: