12/13/10

Holiday Spirit

The assassin vine and I have become close friends. I think it's beginning to understand me when I talk to it, and I think it even tries to comfort me when I cry (it really gets me, you know). The thing will try to pat me on the shoulder or wipe away my tears. I almost feel bad for singeing it every time it comes close to my neck... It doesn't make for great conversation, but it's something.

Anyway, it came to my attention this week that Christmas is right around the corner, (The dragon has started eating an abundance of carolers and elves...) and I thought I'd make a Christmas list.

Now, normally I just ask friends and family to donate to causes I believe in, and everyone is still welcome to do that. I'd like to specifically put a plug this year for the Save the Gazebos fund. These rare, majestic, and mostly peaceful creatures have been hunted and persecuted for ages. But can you even imagine a grassy gnoll without a gazebo? It's just wrong!! Remember kids, only you can prevent gazebo extinction. Donate today!

Anyways, even though I don't normally ask for items for Christmas (being a minimalist and all), there are a few things I'd like this year:

  • Bag of holding (for all those little things I find in the dragon. My favorite color is blue, btw.)
  • Robe of useful items (hey, who doesn't want useful items?)
  • A tome of leadership and influence (I'm thinking of starting an assassin vine collective once I get out of here. Apparently they're super oppressed and stuff, Viney has been telling me about it.)
  • Bracers of epic health (stomach acids and all...)
  • A flashlight (something bright would be nice)
  • A bazooka (so I can blast my way out of this stupid monster)
I hope everyone is in the Christmas spirit! I think I heard someone singing Christmas songs earlier today, but maybe it was just the vine crying to itself. 

Peace on Earth and all that!
Girl.IAD

2 comments:

  1. Did you get anything for Christmas at all?? I sure hope the vine gave you something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Karen! Thanks so much for your question! I got a couple nice things actually. One evening Viney got snagged on something which turned out to be a nice little dagger (which has certainly come in handy!). The dragon also swallowed quite a few people on Christmas. Unfortunately, none of them survived, but one of them had an iPhone, which I am now trying to figure out how to charge...

    -Girl.IAD

    ReplyDelete